Here’s an easy video on baby diaper cake instructions. The demonstration is thorough and includes all the information you’ll need for making your own baby shower diaper cake. It’s a great project to tackle for making centerpieces or gifts.
I’ve listed the supplies needed for a diaper cake below the video:
- 1 pack 66 count, disposable baby diapers Newborn or Size 1
- 1 pack of small, rubber bands
- 3 large rubber bands
- 1 round diaper cake base (10″ diameter)
- 1 8 oz baby bottle
- 1 4 oz baby bottle
- 1 roll of ribbon 1/4″ wide
- 1 roll of ribbon 1/2″ wide
- 1 roll of ribbon 1-2″ wide
- 1 bag of candy to fill the baby bottles (optional)
This is a beautiful yet simple diaper cake to use as a baby shower centerpiece. Once you know how to make a baby diaper cake, you can kick your creativity up a notch and use the diaper cake ideas in this blog for additional decorations.
There are a couple of additional ideas for making diaper cakes:
- You can use a cake plate or a piece of sturdy cardboard as the base of the diaper cake.
- If you use cardboard as your base, cover it in pretty craft paper.
- Pull the disposable diapers open and fold from the back to the front to keep the longest ends of the diaper showing. The diapers will line up more evenly and improve the appearance of the diaper cake.
- If you want a smooth surface to decorate, wrap unrolled diapers around the tiers of your diaper cake, tucking them into the large rubber bands that secure each tier.
- Instead of tying a ribbon around each diaper, you can use wide, decorative ribbon around the entire tier.
- You can use two-sided tape to help keep your ribbons and bows in place.
- If the diapers you are using are not all white, match your ribbon and decorations to the diaper colors. Keep that in mind as you’re shopping for diapers to use in your project.
Sweet and simple – this video of baby diaper cake instructions will have you making your first baby shower centerpiece in no time flat!